Deltassist Family & Community Services
Deltassist services include:
- Alternatives to Violence Program – Provides assistance to women and children experiencing relationship violence. Services include individual and group counselling for adult women who have either been victims of relationship violence and/or are adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse; counselling for children within the family context, advocacy and accompaniment.
- Healthy Families Program – accessed through a referral from the Ministry of Children and Family Development. Provides quick response for assessment, education, counselling support and in-home counselling for families. Assists parents to increase their parenting effectiveness through skill building. In collaboration with MCFD assist the families to main safety of children in the home by identifying and addressing risks.
- Family Support Services – accessed through a referral from the Ministry of Children & Family Development. Includes:
- Outreach Family Counselling – provides counselling and educational support for parents who lack the support or experience to cope effectively
- Family Development Response – involves intensive work with families to assist them to develop effective parenting sills, addresses communication, conflict resolution and decision making. This will assist the family to identity and strengthen individual and family support systems and access resources.
- One to One work with Children – address individual goals that will support the child and family
- Supervised Visitation – provides supervision that will ensure the safety and well-being of children during visits with family members.