Resource List – Children 6-12 Years
Activities for school age children in Delta are provided by the following organizations. Activities are available after school, evenings, weekends and on pro-d / non-instructional days and school breaks. To learn more, go to the Activities for School Age Kids page or click on the links below.
- Boys & Girls Club of South Coast BC – Wintemute, Winskill & Hillside Boys & Girls Clubs (provide range of drop-in programs)
- Delta Parks, Recreation & Culture – pool, arena & gym drop-in programs; registered after school & arts, general interest, performing arts, social and sports programs
- Delta Libraries of the Fraser Valley Regional Library – library (Kids Day Off, Teen Games & Pizza, Puppet Shows) and school based programs (Reading Link Challenge, Scavenger Hunt, Spelling Bee, Class Visits)
- Delta School District – Hoop shoot, Children’s Christmas Tree Program, Red Cross Babysitting
- Delta Sporting & Community Activities – find information about other sports teams / programs and community groups.
Learning & Development
If you want to learn more about the development of children between 6 and 12 years old, or have questions / concerns about your child’s health or development, go to the One-Stop-Info Shop – Middle Years page or click on the links below.
- Fraser Health – Infant & Child Health Services
- HealthLink – information on health and development
School Age Child Care
To find school age child care in Delta go to the School Age Child Care Programs page or click on the links below.
- Child Care Resource and Referral Program
- Community Care Facilities Licensing
- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Parents Guide to Selecting and Monitoring Child Care in BC
Do you need help paying for child care or preschool? See Child Care Subsidy
School Age Children Who Need Extra Support
To learn more about services for families who are concerned about their child’s development/learning see the list below or go to the “Concerns About My School Age Child’s Development” page.
- REACH Child and Youth Development Society – Supported Child Development Program, Delta Connex, Social Smart Group, Positive Behavioural Support, Positive Connections, Individual and group respite programs.
- Services for Children & Youth with Special Needs (MCFD) – Children & youth with special needs social workers
- Delta School District Continuing Education – Life Skills Program
- Options Community Services – One-to-one Special Services for Children, Adventurers Group Program
- Delta Life Skills Society – Summer Fun Program
- Delta Parks, Recreation & Culture – specialty splash, specialty skate, supports to participate in parks & rec programs
- Child & Youth Mental Health, MCFD
- DIVERSEcity Child & Youth Mental Health – for children of immigrant or refugee families
Supports for Families
If you are looking for help finding work, with parenting or other challenges, these services may be of assistance.
- Progressive Intercultural Community Services – Employment Services
- Deltassist Family & Community Services – Healthy Families Program, Family Support Services, Alternatives to Violence Program
- DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society – Children Who Witness Abuse Program; Child & Youth Mental Health for immigrant and refugee families.