Resource List – Children 0-6 Years
Pregnant / New Parents
Information and services for new or soon to be parents:
- Best Beginnings
- Healthiest Babies Possible
- Pacific Post Partum Support Society
Your Child’s Development
To learn more about services for families who are concerned about their child’s development/learning see the list below or go to the Concerns About my Child’s Development page.
- REACH Child and Youth Development Society
- The Centre for Child Development
- Fraser Health Speech & Language Therapy
- Fraser Region Aboriginal Friendship Center Association
Child Care Programs
Resources that can help you as you look for child care or preschool in Delta. To learn more, go to the Child Care Programs page or click on the links below.
- Child Care Resource and Referral Program
- Community Care Facilities Licensing
- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Parents Guide to Selecting and Monitoring Child Care in BC
Do you need help paying for child care or preschool? See Child Care Subsidy
Preschool & Drop-in Programs
There are many preschool and drop-in programs for children under 6 years old. Children attend preschool by themselves, while parents stay with their children at drop-in programs. To learn more about preschool & drop-in programs, go to the Preschool & Drop-In Programs page or click on the links below.
Preschool programs (offered by partners from the Delta Early Childhood Development Committee):
- Delta Parks, Recreation and Culture
- Lookout Preschool – Contact: 604 594-0488
- REACH Child and Youth Development Society Developmental Preschools
- Tsawwassen First Nation – Child Care and Preschool
To find more preschool programs go to the Child Care Programs page or link to Child Care Resource & Referral Program OR “Licensed Child Care Programs”
Drop-in programs in Delta:
- Delta Parks, Recreation and Culture – Roaming Rascals at South Delta Recreation Centre, Ladner Community Centre & Sungod Centre
- Delta School District – Strong Start Programs; Ready, Set, Learn; Starting with Stories
- Boys & Girls Club of the South Coast – North Delta Family Resource Centre; South Delta Family Resource Centre; Parent Child Learning Together, Mother Goose
- Delta Libraries of Fraser Valley Regional Library – story times at George Mackie, Ladner Pioneer & Tsawwassen Libraries
- Ladner Christian Reformed Church – The Well drop-in program
Supports for Families of Children Under 6
If you are looking for help finding work, with parenting or other challenges, these services may be of assistance.
- Progressive Intercultural Community Services – Employment Services
- Deltassist Family & Community Services – Healthy Families Program, Family Support Services, Alternatives to Violence Program
- DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society – Children Who Witness Abuse Program; Child & Youth Mental Health for immigrant and refugee families.